Desma Reid- Coleman, an entrepreneur and successful business woman, will push us to expand ourselves and our companies, helping us learn how we can grow…sometimes with pain, sometimes with joy.
Ms. Reid-Coleman is a lifetime member of NAWBO and a former president of the NAWBO-Greater Detroit chapter. An enthusiastic and exciting speaker, she will challenge our beliefs and recognize our gifts. You will leave lifted and ready for the next level! So Just Imagine!
Ms. Reid-Coleman has operated as a highly successful Detroit businesswoman for more than twelve years, running as many as seven businesses at one time. She currently operates four principal companies:
- Fashion Sen$e Upscale Resale, featuring new and gently used items for the entire family, specializing in the St. John knit apparel line.
- Lady Valet concierge and valet parking services for business events, private parties, residential and commercial events.
- Quality Professional Services, Inc., a human resources consulting, mediation, training, and business development firm.
- QPS/Bagport, an airport luggage cart concession consulting business ensuing from her previous ownership and management of the American Locker cart concession at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
Long active in the Detroit business, professional, and social communities, Ms. Reid-Coleman has received numerous business and professional award recognitions. Additionally, she developed and hosted networking lunches for women in the Detroit metropolitan area for over four years with the express purpose of connecting women together across a wide spectrum. There are over 300 alumni of this networking lunch group known as the Sisterhood Collaborative.
- On this special evening we will install our 2007-2008 Board of Directors and award our annual Chapter Kudos to well deserving members.
- Building on this evening’s theme, members and guests are invited to create dream boards with us. “Just Imagine” what you would like in the next year and enjoy yourself as you collect pictures, words, and phrases to bring to the meeting of things that you desire for yourself, your business, or what you want from NAWBO. Together we will create dream boards filled with our collective desires to display at the June meeting and at meetings to come throughout Mary Rutland’s term of office.
b>A very special “Thank You” to Dr. Janice Moranz for sponsoring the bar at this month’s meeting!
Meeting Schedule & Location
We will meet in the Sierra Ballroom at the Embassy Suites on Lomas, just west of I-25. The Sierra Ballroom is located in the Conference Center at the north end of the building.
5:30 p.m. Mix ‘n Mingle
6:15 p.m. Dinner & Program
b>Reservations for tonight’s meeting are now closed. We look forward to seeing you next month!!