Doing Well by Doing Good: Building Your Business While Helping the Community
Linda Wedeen will show us how to expand our concept of networking for business development.
Networking is an integral part of business development — but it is not only about joining associations and going to lunches or happy hours once a month. Learn how you can help your community, while building your business and feeing good about both.
Linda Wedeen is the senior vice president of strategic marketing for our Corporate Partner First State Bank N.M. She is responsible for all marketing and promotions for First State Bank, directing and coordinating the efforts of external and internal marketing, community involvement, and the Citizen Advisory Boards for New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona.
Linda is active on a number of Boards, including WESST Corp (Women’s Economic Self Sufficiency Team), the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the Hispano Chamber of Commerce, the UNM Dean’s Advisory Board, and the United Way of Central New Mexico.
Prior to joining First State Bank, she practiced similar responsibilities concentrating on strategic planning and organization development as a partner with The Synergy Group Ltd. consulting firm and AT&T.
Linda received a bachelor’s degree in education from the State University of New York at Buffalo and a master’s degree in organizational development from the University of Phoenix.
5:30 – 8:30 pm, Embassy Suites-Downtown
We meet at the new Embassy Suites-Downtown, just west of I-25 and Lomas. Driving directions.
Advance Reservations Are Required by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 14, 2005:
- Please click the button below to RSVP. After submitting your RSVP, you will have the option to continue and pay in advance, online. You can also email Luci Dawson or call 243-1430.
- You will be billed if you make an RSVP for a guest and your guest does not attend or pay, even if you indicate you do not intend to pay for your guest on the RSVP form.
- To cancel a standing reservation, please email Luci Dawson.
- Meeting Cost: $25 members; $30 non-members
- RSVPs received after 5:00 pm on Friday, October 14, and “Walk-Ins”: $35 members – $40 non-members
- Cancellations after 5:00 pm on Friday, October 14, and “No Shows” will be invoiced.