Build It and They Will Come
This four-hour marketing symposium is the first of our quarterly training events. It was developed from the top four training priorities identified in the 2006 NAWBO-NNM Member Survey.
Building Client Relationships — Building Visibility
Target Marketing — Building a Sales Culture
Attend this high-energy, interactive training event and leave with a customized Action Plan for growing your business.
Tuesday, October 24 at the Embassy Suites on Lomas, just west of I-25
11:00-11:30 am — Check-in and Networking
11:30 am-12:15pm — Luncheon, Petite Filet (Vegetarian option available.)
- Low-cost Marketing Strategies to Enhance Your ROI with DJ Heckes of Exhib-It! Tradeshow Marketing Experts.
12:15-12:30 pm — Break
12:30-1:45 pm: SESSION 1— Building Visibility and Target Marketing
Matt Anderson of The Referral Authority in Madison, Wisconsin, will provide you with the right QUESTIONS to ask yourself so you can personalize the content and apply it to your own specific situation. This is the key “take away” throughout these four areas: 12 (possible) ways to build visibility; 5 characteristics of a good target market; how to develop a target market; the right questions to ask yourself to identify which target market is right for you.
Matt specializes in training financial/insurance, mortgage, and real estate professionals to build a referral-based business. He speaks and trains others weekly on essential topics relating to target marketing, referral business, networking, and personal development. Matt originally hails from Coventry, England.
1:45-3:00 pm: SESSION 2— Building Client Relationships & Building a Sales Culture
Mary Ellen Merrigan of Connecting Point Communications in Albuquerque, will provide you with tools to help build and strengthen your client relationships, and will detail five easy ways to create a sales culture: build your platform; plan to plan; pre-plan employee responses and answers to objections; proceed with enthusiasm; cultivate and nurture clients.
Throughout her career, Mary Ellen has added to her own experiences creating a foundation of interactions. She knows how to build an entire support system from the ground up — she’s done it five times in five different states — and uses this same approach today to create loyalty programs for businesses to communicate with and retain their customers. Mary Ellen received the 2005 SBA Women Business Champion of the Year award.
3:00-3:30pm: Q & A
Advance reservations required by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 16
All reservations must be pre-paid by October 18.
- Please click the button below to RSVP. After submitting your reservation, you will have the option to continue and pay in advance online.
- You can also email your reservation, and mail a check postmarked no later than October 18 to NAWBO-NNM, PO Box 30887, Albuquerque 87190.
- Symposium Cost: $60 members; $75 non-members
- RSVPs received after 5:00 pm on Monday, October 16: $65 members – $80 non-members
- No refunds for cancellations received after 5:00 pm on Monday, October 16, or for “no shows”.
- You will be responsible if you make an RSVP for a guest and your guest does not attend or pay, even if you indicate you do not intend to pay for your guest.